Aaron and I decided to give Brian a break and the house to himself this afternoon, while we ran some errands. We dropped some stuff off at the church, then headed to Sonic for Happy Hour(half price drinks), Aaron had a Sprite and I tried something called a Cranberry Vanilla Coke(which was not even worth paying half price for, it wasn't good at all!).
After that we headed to the library to check out some books and movies. I love taking him there, #1 because everything is free and #2 because they have a great kid's room with puzzles, lots of books, and puppets. Plus it is kind of separate from the rest of the library, so I can let him run around in there and he doesn't have to be as quiet. When we got there, a woman and child were already in there playing with some puzzles. Aaron ran up to them and tried to take over this little boy's puzzle. So I walked over to "help" him share, and I noticed that the other child has Down Syndrome. After some puzzle fighting, they both decided they were done with puzzles and decided to play hide and seek with a little chase mixed in. It was so precious, my little guy has such a sweet heart anyway, but it was adorable to see him with this 5 year old little boy(who was essentially on Aaron's level developmentally) and watch them become fast friends. He obviously is at the age where he doesn't notice differences between people as much as an adult would. I wish that I was a little more like him sometimes, it is so awesome for me to see him loving on people, regardless of whether he knows them or not, whether they are different from him, or even sometimes when they don't like him (he can be pretty persistent with a few kids who aren't fans of his, lol. I really do hope that with our encouragement he will continue to show his love in such an outward way. Daily, I am the very lucky recipient of many hugs and kisses from this sweet boy. I am so blessed to be his mama!
On a less serious note, we had a super yummy dinner tonight! I decided to attempt an Indian dish(I've never had Indian food, much less cooked, so I was a little worried). It is called Butter Chicken or Chicken Makhani and here is the recipe. It was so good! The only change I would make is that I would have drained the tomatoes before adding them, it was a little too saucy, but it was still really yummy. I was worried that Aaron wouldn't like it because it had just a teeny kick of spice in each bite, but he chowed it down and Brian went back for seconds. I call that a success! I paired it with brown rice and salad. Definitely making it again and now I am feeling like I can be a little more adventurous with my cooking. My only note of caution is that the ground cardamom is a little bit expensive($10 for one of the taller containers), but I plan on making this a part of our meal rotation, so no biggie for me.
Ha ha love the persistent with a few kids who aren't fans of his. LOL!! That is so sweet with that little boy at the library. Aaron is definitely a loving boy. :D
ReplyDelete