Monday, December 13, 2010

Aaron and his Best Buds(and a recipe!)

I have several Aaron stories saved up from this week, so I am going to write them all down at once so that I don't forget!

First up, we were at Wal-mart last night and we took a shortcut through the bras and underwear section. Brian told Aaron to hide his eyes and Aaron made the cutest little scrunched up face and closed his eyes. It was so cute! He can now close his eyes on command, Brian tested it out a few more times during the Wal-mart trip and each time Aaron closed his eyes.

This morning we had a visit from Parents As Teachers(a program that teaches parents about their child's developmental stages and fun learning games to play with them). Aaron was talking about Carl the whole time Miss Lyndsey was at our house (Carl was locked up inside the bedroom with Brian). When it came time for Miss Lyndsey to leave, Aaron walked her to the front door and usually he stands there waving and saying byebye, but this time he hurriedly said bye to her and then immediately went to the bedroom door and pushed it open and when he found Carl he was so excited! We let Carl out and Aaron ran around screaming Carl's name. They really are best buddies!







Final story, we were getting ready to leave the house today and I noticed a wet spot on our hardwood floor. Since we have a small dog with potty issues, I asked Brian if it was pee or vomit, he looked at it and decided it was vomit. Aaron loudly announced, "Eww!" He got it right on the money, lol.

Tonight, we had homemade pizza for dinner and I think I finally have found the right combination to make a really good pizza.

For the crust, I use Pioneer Woman's recipe found here , but I am not a big fan of the way she bakes her crust. So I combined her recipe with baking method I found on Our Best Bites and it turned out perfect. Instead of her 4 cups of white flour, I add 2 cups of white and 2 cups of whole wheat flour(King Arthur is a really good brand, but I have a sneaking suspicion it is only sold in the south, because I had never heard of it prior to moving here) instead. I don't do all whole wheat because it gets a little too dense for me. Anyway, after all the rising is done, I preheat the oven to 425 degrees. I put half the dough(PW's recipe makes two crusts, so I freeze one) on a pizza stone and roll it out. I use a fork to poke several holes in the dough (prevents too many bubbles), brush it with olive oil, and sprinkle some garlic salt on it. Then you bake it for 10-12 minutes (10 is perfect in my oven).

After you pull it out, you can put on the toppings, I use this sauce (it is really cheap to make, approx. 40 cents per pizza and it makes enough for 2 pizzas, so I freeze half along with the other half of the pizza dough). Tonight we had just plain cheese, usually we are Canadian Bacon, pineapple and olive people. I used a combo of mozzarella and Parmesan and sprinkled it with oregano. I baked it for another 10 minutes in the 425 degree oven. It was honestly the best homemade pizza I've made yet! It has taken lots of tweaking but I finally did it and way cheaper than ordering out!


I am off to bed now, we have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow(heading out of town to start our Christmas shopping!)

1 comment:

  1. Have fun Christmas shopping. Those stories are hilarious. I will have to try and make that pizza. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete