Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 in Pictures!

We've been just a little busy, I can't believe it's been a week since Christmas! BG had to work on the 23rd, didn't come home until midway through Christmas Eve and we went to the Christmas Eve service at church. We woke up very early Christmas morning and exchanged gifts between the two of us. We still had some time, so Brian woke up the little guy, so that he could open his stocking before we got on Skype with all of our families. About midway through our gift opening, BG received a call from work(not the phone call I wanted to get Christmas morning). So off he went again with no idea as to when he would be returning. So after a few tears(ok they were sobs), Aaron and I decided to buckle down and enjoy our day anyway. After nap time, we headed out to a friend's house about an hour away and we enjoyed Christmas dinner with their family. It was a nice time and just what we needed to lift our spirits. BG was finally able to come home two days later, midway through Aaron's birthday. We had to cancel our birthday plans when BG was called away, but we ended up having a nice time just the 3 of us at Applebee's. After a few days at home with us, BG was called away yet again(this time it was a planned trip), for a little longer this time. So needless to say, any spare moment I've had the last week, was spent with my hubby or Aaron.

I've been doing a lot of reflecting the last few days(who doesn't this time of year), so I thought it would be fun to look back at 2010 with pictures! We had a very busy year, with lots of trips out of town.


January

We had a new first and we went with BG to a school down in Mississippi. It was a lot of fun, we got to meet up with some family that we had down there(they have since moved) and we got to see New Orleans(which was a little bit crazy because it was so close to Mardi Gras and the Super Bowl). After we returned home, Aaron was able to experience sitting in snow for the first time(he wasn't a big fan). Kind of funny that it happened after we left Alaska! Aaron also nursed for the very last time in January, a happy and sad moment. I still can't believe we made it a year without ever buying formula. Yay us!




February

Nothing huge for us for the month of February. We celebrated Valentine's Day in a truly romantic fashion, both BG and Aaron were sick and went to bed early. I ate dinner by myself and watched a movie, lol. Here is a picture of the sickies:



March

March was a happy and sad month for us. Aaron learned to walk(yay and a bit scary, lol). I found out I was pregnant after almost a year of trying to conceive. But I lost the baby shortly after finding out we were expecting =(. We started down the path of medical assistance shortly after that(2 miscarriages plus a year of trying and they give you a referral to the fertility specialist).




April

We had a visit from Papa(my dad), Gran-Gran(my grandma), and my Aunt Susie. We had a great time taking them to the Outer Banks! And of course Easter!




May

I'd say my birthday was the biggest event, lol! Mostly kidding, but seriously BG planned an awesome surprise party for me that was wonderful. We also had a chance to visit Busch Gardens with my parents and Colonial Williamsburg. It was a blast, especially Busch Gardens, Aaron loved the rides(much to our surprise!)



June

This month all 3 of us went to Vacation Bible School. I was group leader for the kindergartners and first graders and BG was group leader for the 5th graders. Aaron had fun playing in the childcare area! Aaron and I visited Oregon and he got his first professional haircut while we were there. After we came back to North Carolina, BG's mom came out for a visit. June was a busy month!




July

Aaron and I made it home from Oregon in time for the 4th of July Festivities. Our town puts on a fantastic display of fireworks downtown in the harbor(the fireworks are set off on a barge). Aaron was not a big fan of the fireworks to say the least. He cried and buried his head during the ones we lit off at home and cried until he fell asleep at the park later that night. July was also the first time he got to fingerpaint!




August

This was another busy month for us. Starting with Coast Guard Day, Aaron got to ride on a horse by himself for the first time! Later on that month, we had another trip back to Oregon, this time BG was able to go with us. First up was a few days of camping, then some time with BG's parents, and then my cousin Sarah's wedding. August was also my last month on fertility drugs(I'm pretty sure I heard BG breathe a sigh of relief when I said "no more", lol).




September

September was the first month we had stayed home in awhile. We prepared for the hurricane that never hit land, but a tropical storm hit harder(but we were still safe!) We enjoyed a Labor Day party with our Small Group friends. And Aaron was reunited with his friend Gabrielle from Alaska!




October

We followed BG to another school, this time in Little Rock, Arkansas and finally got to spend an anniversary together! Aaron was a very cute monkey for Halloween.






November

BG left on a two week trip to South America. Aaron got a very large boo-boo on our brick steps when he tried to follow me out to the car(I was carrying our stuff out first and going back for him). Aaron and I went with some friends to a bouncing gym in Chesapeake(he loved it!). We took our first mother-son trip out of town to the OBX and had a blast. And when BG returned to us, we had a great Thanksgiving dinner that we cooked entirely from scratch!






December

It was a month of celebration! We had BG's birthday, we went to the Downtown Christmas Parade and it snowed 3 times! Brian officially graduated from college with an Associate's Degree, we had a slightly successful picture with Santa(better than last year, at least!), baked cookies with friends. Then came Christmas, our really big snow, and Aaron's birthday. BG left shortly after that for another trip and Aaron and I celebrated New Year's Eve in Virginia.











I am hopeful that 2011 will be just as wonderful and busy as 2010 was for us!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Looks like a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing how many things can happen in the course of a year. I loved visiting your blog. It was great to see you this past week.

    ReplyDelete